Printable Version (Pdf)
- If possible 3 divisions to run, at the discretion of the committee.
- 2 county standard A players signed per Premier team. Guidelines followed, County A team last 3 years and committee discretion. This is not an addition to one cue sport professional.
- Only one county player per team
allowed outside the Premier Division.
Players termed as county players at the discretion of the committee (guideline:-played county at Mens A or B in last three seasons)
- One cue sport professional allowed to be signed per team. Terminology at the committee’s discretion.Teams dropping out:-if the first half of the season has been completed then these results stand with results void on second half of season. Same for 3rd time if applicable
- Any teams (players) and venues dropping out of the league before completion of season are automatically banned for one complete season following.
- K/O cup and Plate to be played home and away with a captains game at the first drawn venue
- A Plate competition will run in the K/O and Super Sixes competitions
- No Premier Division sides allowed to
play in Plate Cups. These sides will be seeded in the first
- Basic Playing Rules
- World rules to be played
- Playing format:-all matches must be played using the league playing format and must state format used at top of sheet i.e.(4 v 3 )
- Players must be named prior to start of the match. Once team format has been entered no changes or substitutions are allowed.
- Toss for break first frame then alternative break. Teams to be entered prior to toss
- Up to 6 players can play at a venue per side
- A player is not allowed to play his 3 frames (or 2 if applicable) consecutively (whether working etc. Or not)
- The 3 session rule must be adhered to at all times.
- Teams have the right to complain
after match (to the secretary) and all frames will be deducted
and awarded accordingly if the 3 session rule is broke .
If team captains notice that a player has played out of the set order (plays the wrong player) then the frame will be stopped immediately.
Should the frame have been completed then the following will take place.
- If a player plays in the wrong order.
If the ‘innocent’ player has won the frame score stands and the order is immediately returned to normal
If the ‘guilty’ player wins then the frame is to be replayed with the correct players.
It is the responsibility of the team captains to ensure the order is kept.
- Should a team be unable to field a side they must send three players away. Failure to do so will result in a 9-0 defeat at the home venue.
- Super Sixes two frame rule and two session rule as above penalties
- All frames in league games must be played out
- No player can play more than three frames except following a captains game and no player can play the same person twice unless in cup (captains game)
- Teams level on points, head to head totals in league games. If still level then a play-off will take place. More than two sides tied results between will determine positions/ Head to head. Then a play-off if necessary.
- No players to be signed on the night
without secretaries authorisation
- Signing new players. The following must be adhered to
A) Secretary to be informed by Text message on the night of players first match.
B) Please then mark * the new player on the result sheet .
C) Failure to do so will deem the player unsigned and a £10 fine plus any other penalties that would apply.
- A team playing a un-signed player will forfeit the match at the venue where the said player played, by the maximum score to nil.
- Secretary to set date at which no new signings can be made.
- The said team will face a disciplinary hearing with penalties from points to pounds including administration expenses.
- Qualification and format for the Chairman’s and Secretaries Cups will be at the discretion of the Secretary.
- Player qualification for ALL cup
Semis and Finals (KO & Plate/Sixes & Plate/
Trophy) to be 33 % of league games.
NO EXCEPTIONS TO LATE REGISTRATIONS/SHIFT WORKERS ETC.
If a player has not played 33 % the said player is ILLEGAL.
Playing of ILLEGAL player is automatic team disqualification without appeal.
- Players are only eligible to be written on the team playing sheet if they are actually present on the evening.
- Cup Finals:- Sixes and Plate to be
played one table playing 12 frames (plus captains game) as per
previous rounds at the sponsors venue
KO & Plate/ Chairman’s/Secretaries/Treasurers /Divisional Cups/Champions Trophy to be played on a two table schedule (18 frames) but with a home and away side playing on each table at the sponsors venue. The captain’s game should be played on the said ‘first drawn’ table at the end of the match IF REQUIRED. The players nominated must have played on that table in the match.
- No transfers between teams.
- Eight Ball Clearances are allowed in league and cup games
An eight-ball can only be awarded for a clearance of all nominated balls (8) from players first visit only with 15 balls on the table. The score sheet must be marked on the frame that the 8-ball was achieved and signed at the top of the sheet.
- No postponents permitted unless agreed by the committee. Any team failing to fulfil a fixture will forfeit the points and may face a disciplinary hearing and face penalties from points to pounds plus administration costs.(see guidelines below)
- Postponements with less than 72 hours notice (Saturday 8pm) 14-4 defeat.
- Postponements with less than 48 hours (Sunday 8pm) as above plus £15 fine
- Should a match be forfeited then the ‘innocent’ side may enter 6 players on the score sheet that will go towards the 50% playing rule
- All disputes must be handed in writing to the secretary within seven days of the said occurrence
- All voting in any disputes /disciplinary issues will be done in private.
- Appeals to an Afford disciplinary decision. All appeals must be in to the secretary within 7 days of the said decision, in writing. A £10 admin fee must be accompanied with the letter. This is refundable if the appeal is successful
This will be heard by 5 impartial delegates set by the committee
- Entry fees to single merits £3 per person
- All merit entries must be accompanied by payment or no entry
- Merits qualification last 8 singles to be based on logistics and of discretion of merits secretary. Qualification is 33% of League Games.(Committee members exempt)
- All merits must be played on given night. No re-arranging. Any players found to have played on an alternative date will be excluded from the competition.
- Merits. Last 16 at end of season / sub merits to run on same nights
- One delegate only to be named at the start of the season will be allowed to enter the delegates merits and he or she must be the one who attends 80% of meetings
- No prize money for any competitions including merits.(committee discretion on money only competitions and sponsorship)
- Venues are to pay for merits
- Merits venues to be drawn out and therefore players may play at own venue.
- No merits take place in August i.e. during main school holidays.
- Fees/ fines
- League fees £100 (see rule 57)
- Teams can sign as many players as required at £3 per player signing fee.
- 50% of league fees (£50) must be paid at first meeting following AGM. The remainder must be paid in full by the fourth meeting following the AGM. Failure to meet these requirements will result in a immediate suspension from the league and all points forfeited during suspension, if necessary STAFFORDSHIE COUNTY POOL ASSOCIATION will be contacted to recover any payments
- Delegates must attend all meetings with full match cards, results and merit results.
Two roll calls to be carried out per meeting. Delegates must be present at start and finish of meeting.
2 apologises allowed and missing the following meetings will result in
£10 first meeting
£15 and one point deducted second meeting
Should a team not attend following end of season POINT deduction will still be enforced.
£15 and two points deducted third meeting
- Apologises must be sent to the secretary by 7.30 of the meeting night otherwise teams are absent and subject to the following penalties
£10 first meeting
£15 and one point deducted second meeting
£15 and two points deducted third meeting
- League and Cup scorecards missing at meeting £3.There is a seven day window to deliver any missing sheets to the secretary
- Team signing sheets must be returned by March meeting with all players signing fees to be included or £10 automatic fine.
- Secretary having to contact team for a result £3 (please see results to be texted)
- Teams changing venues during the season will pay a £25 admin fee. This will not be actioned if the pub closes down.
- All teams to pay a £5 roller-ball fee at each meeting to cover administration costs. Prize money will be dependent on entries and on the discretion of the committee. No apologises to be allowed. Teams must be present to win the draw
- Any team owing more than £20 following the fourth meeting at any time will be automatically suspended
Deadline for results to be 12 midnight
- Other rules
- Table height to be between, 31½ inches & 33½ inches (80cm & 85cm)
- The baulk line to be positioned 1/5th (20%) of the length between the face of the end cushions.
- Cue ball shall be 1 & 7/8 inches (47.6 mm) diameter.
- 8 trophies to be awarded to league & cup winners
- Secretary to put full player listing on website following sixth meeting following the Annual General Meeting
- Players can only play in the Afford league on one night (i.e. not in another league and Afford on same night)
- All players are reminded that referees should neither say nor repeat the phrase "Two shots remaining", when a player is still on his first visit; this is coaching! Players/Delegate/Captain should be able to challenge the referee where this happens and a warning issued to the offending side. If any referee from the same side repeats this in the same match then, "Foul coaching two shots" should be declared by either the player, Delegate or Captain present.(as per EPA rule)
- Physical or verbal abuse will not be tolerated and will result in suspension fines and reporting to SCPA
- The Committee have the power to ban/suspend or fine any Team/Player who brings the Afford League into disrepute The committee have the powers to ban any player they feel necessary who has verbally abused any member of the committee
- If a player deliberately strikes/thumps the table in anger (usually immediately following a bad shot) then this is deemed contrary to the spirit of the game and the frame is immediately forfeited and awarded to the opponent. (As per EPA rule)
- If a player deliberately strikes/thumps his cue on the floor in anger (usually immediately following a bad shot) then this is deemed contrary to the spirit of the game and the referee should advise a warning of bad spirit, with any further reoccurrence resulting in immediate loss of frame.
- If a player deliberately interferes with the movements of the balls, other than normal striking of the cue ball, at any time during the game then this is deemed contrary to the spirit of the game and the frame is immediately forfeited and awarded to the opponent. This includes catching of the white ball before it enters a pocket ...(As per EPA Rule)
- In the Premier Division the spotted white to be used. Also used in the last 16 of merits onwards. This to be funded by league and ‘Hired’ to Premier sides.
- The ‘new’ balls to be purchased and used in merits finals.
- Any team found not using the spotted white will lose the match 9-0, be fined £10. Should a team lose the white £15 to be paid to the league and another to be purchased.
- Venues with multiple tables can change tables as long as they are of same size
- Meetings to start at 8pm prompt and are all at Longton WMC
- Matters arising not covered by the constitution or internal league rules will be dealt with by the committee .The committees decision will be final and binding and not covered by any appeals
THESE RULES WERE PASSED @THE LEAGUES 2013 AGM ON 20-12-2012